HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT LICE?
LICE GEEKS ARE HERE TO ANSWER ALL YOU QUESTIONS
Lice is not something you want to deal with but this may be part of your world for a long time. You need to know what to look for, where to look and what types of products that are safe and effective for your family. Lice can be easily and quickly dealt with and the experts at Lice Geeks offer some important lice information.
As parents you have many questions about lice. What are lice and lice eggs? What do lice and lice eggs look like? How do I treat head lice? How do I deal with my home and lice? The Lice Geeks experts are here to answer all you lice questions.
What are lice? What do lice and lice eggs look like?
Lice are clear in colour when 1st hatched and very tiny. They quickly turn a reddish-brown colour after feeding. Adult lice are about the size of a sesame seed. Eggs are small yellowish-brown, oval shaped and glued to one side of the hair shaft. Lice like to lay their eggs around the ears, nape of neck and in the bangs. You will probably never see a louse when checking (they move quickly) so it is best to look for the eggs. Eggs are laid as close as 2mm to the scalp. If you can flick it off it is not an egg. Not sure it is an egg? Send us a picture for a free lice diagnosis. Our lice geek squad will let you know if it is lice or not. Lice Diagnoses.
How do I treat head lice and remove lice eggs?
A positive diagnosis of head lice is upsetting for everyone. Unfortunately there are many sources of information (some that appear quite reputable) that supply misleading and often completely wrong or dangerous advice. There are no quick fixes in treating lice but you can be successful and here is how to be lice free.
- The most efficient way to remove lice is to use an effective natural lice treatment. Be very careful to avoid any products with pesticides or insecticides these are the products that are sold at the drug stores. They are not only harmful to humans and lice have developed immunity to many of these products. Some of these products also claim to kill eggs but there is nothing on the market that kills the eggs. Natural productsare the best to use for lice removal.
- You must follow the instructions completely (remember no quick fixes). Lice is a multi-step procedure, and you must be diligent and complete each step. Everyone in your family must be checked but only those with lice should be treated.
- The eggs must be combed out using an effective louse comb that has microgrooves on the teeth such as theLice Geeks comb. You must methodically go through the hair using lots of conditioner to remove the eggs and lice. Wiping the comb on a paper towel will show you exactly what you have removed. Shop our combs and other products to help you.
- When using a natural product you can break the life cycle of the bug. This is done by reduction combing. Combing needs to be done every 2 to 3 days. You are considered clear when you have 2 combings 2 days apart that are clear. Remember there are no quick fixes.
How do I get rid of lice in my home?
Your environment is very important but there is no need to go overboard. Follow these simple steps.
- Place all bedding, including pillows in the dryer on high heat for 30 minutes. Only heat kills lice.
- Items that can’t be placed in the dryer put aside for 48 hours.
- Large items should be vacuumed. Carpets, couches, helmets, backpacks and car seats.
If you get lice remember there are no quick fixes but it can be dealt with quickly and effectively if you take the time do your research and get good advice. But most important you need to tell the school, daycare and friends that your child has lice. This is the only way to stop the spread.
For free and expert advice contact Lice Geeks.